- Home /
- Psion II /
- Datapak Formatter Instructions
Psion Organiser Series 1:
Datapak Formatter Instruction Leaflet
Using The Psion Formatter
Your Psion Formatter will completely clear the contents of a
datapak and leave it ready to be used again. Before
exposing you datapak to the formatting process, you must
transfer any records you wish to keep into another datapak.
To Format a Datapak
- Remove datapak from Organiser.
- Peel white adhesive label off datapak to expose the
- With the window facing upwards, fit the datapak into the
compartment in the Formatter drawer.
- Plug in your Formatter to the mains electrical supply.
- Push the drawer fully home to start the formatting process,
which is automatically timed.
- During formatting the ON indicator glows to show that the
high intensity Ultra Violet light is active.
If the drawer is opened during formatting, the Ultra Violet
light is automatically switched off, interrupting the process,
and the indicator goes out. Closing the drawer sets the
timer for a further thirty minutes.
- When the formatting process is complete, the red
indicator lamp goes out, and you can remove the
datapak from the Formatter.
- To check that the formatting was successful, plug the
datapak into your Organiser and select 'FIND1:' or
'FIND2:' as appropriate. Press EXECUTE and the message
'NOT FOUND' should appear to show that the datapak
contains no records. If 'DATAPAK ERROR' appears
instead, repeat the formatting process.
- Fit a new datapak label over the window and your
datapak is ready to be re-used in your Organiser. (Spare
labels are supplied with Organiser, with new datapaks, or
can be bought separately.)
Your Formatter can format two datapaks at once.
When not in use, unplug the formatter from the electrical
supply and store it in a clean dry place, safe from knocks or
220-240V a.c. 8 Watts.
Fit 3 Amp Fuse to plug top.
PSION PROCESSORS LIMITED
22 DORSET SQUARE, LONDON NW1 6QG